But now it's back to the ol' daily grind. I received a slight attitude adjustment for Christmas (and it was just my size too!), so I'm focusing on finding the positive in this job that I've decided to hang on to for a few months yet. I had originally planned on working for a year (coming up on the 24th of this month - not sure how that happened!), and I had even begun the task of looking for a new job, but after talking about it some more with Peter, we decided I should at least stay through the spring. And take the test which is required for my job. YIKES! Have I mentioned that I am not a good test taker? And this test has math on it. You can start praying for me...NOW.
In the meantime, I continue to count my blessings and focus on the many daily gifts that I experience. Sight, taste, good health, food to eat, a warm bed, heat (even though we do keep the house at a chilly 60-degrees), a closet full of clothes...you get the idea.
This week I'm thankful for...
721. A Monday morning phone call that allowed me to skip work on Peter's last day off
722. God-given patience in stressful situations
724. Good tires on both cars
725. Free Chick-fil-A Chicken Biscuits
726. Selling the pasta machine
727. Lessons learned from the pasta machine (sounds like a blog post to me!)
728. Our new-to-us duvet (LOVE!)
729. Seeing progress on my goals for the new year
730. That tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it...yet