Gratitude is born in hearts that take time to count up past mercies.
~ ~ ~ Charles E. Jefferson ~ ~ ~
The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank.
~ ~ ~ Dante Gabriel Rossetti ~ ~ ~
I am exceedingly thankful that I know Who to thank for all the many blessings that surround me each and every day. I'm also thankful that I have the Holy Spirit who convicts me when I get too focused on the hard things of life and reminds me that on my worst day, I really have nothing to complain about. I have a roof over my head (and it's paid for), a comfortable bed to sleep in, food in my stomach (sometimes too much food), a husband whom I adore, a job (that I don't love, but I prayed for when I was jobless), and friends and family all over the world. I am a daughter of the King, I have the hope of Eternal Life because Christ came to earth to die for my sins, I have a reason to celebrate Easter - He Is Risen! So much to be thankful for, don't you think?
And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
~ ~ ~ Colossians 2:6-7 ~ ~ ~
This week I am overflowing with thankfulness for...
351. An empty tomb - HE IS RISEN INDEED!
352. Classical music
353. A reminder that if you never take that first step, nothing will change
354. Cadbury Creme Eggs
355. The smell of hyacinths - pretty amazing
356. Discovering that the flowers/plants we transplanted last year survived
357. A really good pen - one that makes you want to write for hours
359. Clean clothes...
360. ...that were washed in these amazing machines (my first ever new washer/dryer) which we purchased on super clearance - YAY!!