One of the things that I love doing in December is watching all of the Christmas movies and shows that I grew up with and/or added as an adult. If you're interested in what we watch each year, here is my list (there are actually enough to watch one a day until Christmas Eve!):
Carrie's December Movie Watching List
- The Muppet Christmas Carol - Best Version EVER Made.
- It's a Wonderful Life - What would Christmas be without George Bailey?
- The Bishop's Wife - Cary Grant. Need I say more?
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated) - If you need to be reminded that Christmas isn't about stuff, this is the show to watch
- Frosty the Snowman - My favorite line from this animated short: "Busy, Busy, BUSY!"
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Yukon Cornelius rocks
- The Preacher's Wife - updated version of The Bishop's Wife, not as good, but I love to hear Whitney Houston sing
- Mickey's Christmas Carol - Fun, short version featuring Mickey Mouse
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (live action) - If you want to see Jim Carrey in a Christmas film, watch this one
- VeggieTales: The Star of Christmas - Great message and lots of fun
- The Year Without a Santa Claus - Heat Mizer and Mr. Freeze
- Rudolph's Shiny New Year - Rudolph rescues Baby New Year
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (original) - A Christmas classic!
- A Christmas Story - I triple-dog-dare you to watch this movie! :-)
- Christmas in Connecticut - This was a total unexpected find and a cute holiday movie
- VeggieTales: The Toy That Saved Christmas - Their first Christmas film featuring Buzzsaw Louie :-)
- Holiday Inn - If you know me at all, you know I love all the holidays, so this film is perfect for me!
- It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown (same disc as A Charlie Brown Christmas) - Done in 1992
- White Christmas - Bing Crosby singing anything works for me!
- The Santa Clause 2 - I'm not a fan of #1 or #3 in this series of movies, but #2 made me laugh
- A Muppet Family Christmas - I have this on VHS, and while it's not as good as A Muppet Christmas Carol, it's still a cute holiday short
- Little House on the Prairie: The Christmas They Never Forgot - Totally sappy, but I watch this on VHS every year :-)
- Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July - Just another movie from childhood
- VeggieTales: Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving - New this year (we haven't watched it yet)
Home Alone 1 - Bratty kid, but the first movie was OK
The Family Man - This was a new-to-us movie when we lived in Lesotho. Kind of like "It's a Wonderful Life" in reverse
While You Were Sleeping - Not really an official "Christmas Movie", but it takes place at Christmas and I love the story :-)
So...happy December! Pop some popcorn, grab a cozy blanket, and join me (virtually) in watching some Christmas classics.
I let the kids stay up and watch the Grinch last night on TV (Dave is shooting Bambi with in PA :)). It was fun. Oh, and we love Rudolph ever since you stayed with us in TRK, we watched it last year too. Do you know where I can buy it or when it comes on the TV?ReplyDelete
Hey there Joy! If you scroll through the Amazon.com widget with the title, "Christmas Movie Recommendations" on the right side of the page, I have links to all the DVD's/Movies I mentioned. They can be purchased through Amazon, and I believe Rudolph is running around $9.99 right now. If you have other stuff you want to order and get it up to $25, then the shipping is free and no tax. :-) You can also buy it at your local Target. :-)ReplyDelete
Yep, we got it a Wal-mart ($9.00)yesterday...sorry Target. :) I had Holiday Inn in my cart too, but decided it wasn't the best use of my money, so I put it back. :( I'll have to rent it I guess. :)ReplyDelete
Have a great day!