One of the things that I love doing in December is watching all of the Christmas movies and shows that I grew up with and/or added as an adult. If you're interested in what we watch each year, here is my list (there are actually enough to watch one a day until Christmas Eve!):
Carrie's December Movie Watching List
- The Muppet Christmas Carol - Best Version EVER Made.
- It's a Wonderful Life - What would Christmas be without George Bailey?
- The Bishop's Wife - Cary Grant. Need I say more?
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated) - If you need to be reminded that Christmas isn't about stuff, this is the show to watch
- Frosty the Snowman - My favorite line from this animated short: "Busy, Busy, BUSY!"
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Yukon Cornelius rocks
- The Preacher's Wife - updated version of The Bishop's Wife, not as good, but I love to hear Whitney Houston sing
- Mickey's Christmas Carol - Fun, short version featuring Mickey Mouse
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (live action) - If you want to see Jim Carrey in a Christmas film, watch this one
- VeggieTales: The Star of Christmas - Great message and lots of fun
- The Year Without a Santa Claus - Heat Mizer and Mr. Freeze
- Rudolph's Shiny New Year - Rudolph rescues Baby New Year
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (original) - A Christmas classic!
- A Christmas Story - I triple-dog-dare you to watch this movie! :-)
- Christmas in Connecticut - This was a total unexpected find and a cute holiday movie
- VeggieTales: The Toy That Saved Christmas - Their first Christmas film featuring Buzzsaw Louie :-)
- Holiday Inn - If you know me at all, you know I love all the holidays, so this film is perfect for me!
- It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown (same disc as A Charlie Brown Christmas) - Done in 1992
- White Christmas - Bing Crosby singing anything works for me!
- The Santa Clause 2 - I'm not a fan of #1 or #3 in this series of movies, but #2 made me laugh
- A Muppet Family Christmas - I have this on VHS, and while it's not as good as A Muppet Christmas Carol, it's still a cute holiday short
- Little House on the Prairie: The Christmas They Never Forgot - Totally sappy, but I watch this on VHS every year :-)
- Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July - Just another movie from childhood
- VeggieTales: Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving - New this year (we haven't watched it yet)
Home Alone 1 - Bratty kid, but the first movie was OK
The Family Man - This was a new-to-us movie when we lived in Lesotho. Kind of like "It's a Wonderful Life" in reverse
While You Were Sleeping - Not really an official "Christmas Movie", but it takes place at Christmas and I love the story :-)
So...happy December! Pop some popcorn, grab a cozy blanket, and join me (virtually) in watching some Christmas classics.