Map found at: http://www.50states.com/us.htm
- Jordan's Furniture, Reading, MA - favorites include the green monster, jelly beans, fountain show, and IMAX!
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, IL - we went here while we were on our honeymoon 10 years ago and we spent a whole day there. Well worth the money!
- The Grand Canyon National Park, AZ - I've been to 17 National Parks and this was one of the most amazing.
- Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument, WA - We came so close to passing by this one, but I'm so glad we took the extra time and went to see it.
- L.L. Bean, Freeport, ME - This is just something you have to do if you're in New England. They are open 24-hours a day, so if you want to buy a canoe and it's 3 AM - you can! :-)
- Badlands National Park, SD - This is right up there with the Grand Canyon as one of the coolest parks. I thought it would be a let down, but we really enjoyed it.
- Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL - I know, this might surprise some of you, but it's one of the trips I remember most as a kid. I'd love to go back someday!
- San Diego Zoo, San Diego, CA - Again, another surprise (for you and me both!), but well worth the time and money. Hint: take your own snacks/water or lots of cash! It's not cheap.
- Blowing Rock, NC - This town is about an hour from where we live and it's a cute, quiet, relaxing (and expensive) mountain town. If you've read the Mitford series by Jan Karon, Mitford is based on Blowing Rock.
- Denali National Park, AK - If you make it to Alaska, then go to Denali. It's overcast most of the time, but if Mt. McKinley does break through (as it did on our second day), it's so worth it!
And so there you have it, my Top Ten spots to see in the U.S. There are many more I could have mentioned (Portland Head Light, the Outer Banks, Niagra Falls - though the town leaves a lot to be desired, Mt.Rushmore, Wall Drug - just to say you've been there, Sequoia NP, and Hershey Park, just to name a few), but the main point is to get out there and see what all our country has to offer! Get in your car, see something new, take lots of pictures, and have a good time!