I started my Friday Thankfulness Lists before I had ever heard of Ann Voskamp, and almost five months before her book came out. I started my list because I realized that my attitude was becoming one of discontent, and complaints flowed freely from my lips. I started my very own Thankfulness project because I understood that God had given me an abundance, and all I could focus on was wanting more.
If you're looking for an attitude adjustment (as I was), I highly recommend starting a List of your own. It doesn't matter what you put on it or who sees it. It doesn't matter if you have a blog or you write down one thing a day on your calendar or you keep a private notebook. Carve out time to focus on the fact that everything you have - the air you breathe, the first yellow leaves on the tree, the food you eat (too much of, sometimes), the soft bed at night, even the sound of rain on a roof - it's all a gift from God.
This week I'm thankful for...
991. A week to unplug from everything
992. Swimming after dark
993. Day trips
994. Watching the sunrise on the beach with the one I love best
995. Riding bikes (amazing how it can be years since you've been on a bike and it comes right back!)
996. The awesome gals at Weaving Influence who covered for me while I was gone
997. Enjoying the beauty of God's creation
998. Floppy straw hats
999. Fellowship with family and friends
1,000. God's abundant provision, His grace and mercy and love, His gift of salvation
1,001 and counting...
What are YOU thankful for today?